Problem of the Day! Algebraic Relationships
Authors: Michael Lazar and David Hoerger
- Includes more than 150 worksheets with detailed solutions to each problem.
- Meets state performance standards and benchmarks!
- Help students become better problem solvers!
Problem of the Day is a tool for teachers that prepares students for meeting state performance benchmarks and standards through math problem solving. Students learn how to read a math problem, break it down into parts, and solve the problem using clear methods and strategies as they discover the best solution to their problem.
- Single = qty 1 book, 1 teacher's use
- Site License = qty 1 book, unlimited use at one school building
Includes template CD with 150 worksheets designed to match most state testing formats for problem solving.
- Use the worksheets as in-class lesson starters, as a take-home assignment, or as extra credit worksheets
- Project the worksheet onto a screen for whole class discussion
- Have worksheets available instantly. Eliminate the time consuming task of writing your own problems
- All solutions are detailed explanations of how to solve the problem, not just a simple numerical answer
- Strategies for problem solving with 36 problem solving strategy worksheets
- Master templates in 5 different styles
- More than 150 Problem of the Day worksheets with detailed solutions to each problem
- List of problem solving web sites
- All worksheets provided in fully editable Microsoft Word format and PDF format
- Check for Retention: Give students a worksheet, go over it in class, edit the problem (numbers and other data) in the problem and give it to the students again. How did they do?
Problem solving strategies:
- Use objects to solve problems
- Make a drawing or model
- Make a table
- Make a systematic list
- Guess and check
- Look for a pattern
- Work backwards
- Use logical reasoning
- Make it simpler