Teach Me How to Tech: Video Conferencing in the Classroom
Author: Cynthia Vavasseur
Have you ever wanted to have the author of a childrenís book read her work to your students?
Have you ever wanted your 7th graders watch a frog dissection by high school Biology teachers?
Do you want your students to have first hand knowledge of Chinese culture by chatting with other students in China?
Itís all possible with a few simple tools!
Video Conferencing in the Classroom walks you through various types of video conferencing, equipment needed and how to select it, and where to find projects. To make it easier to start, the companion CD provides step-by-step video tutorials for setting up your video conferencing classroom.
- What is video conferencing?
- Acceptable use policies and parent permissions
- The techie side of things: Webcams
- How to do it: programs that work!
- How to do it: activities that work!
- Letís get started: reproducible parent permission forms, principal support forms and planning forms
- Step-by-step written instructions and video tutorials (CD included) demonstrating how to get started using video conferencing programs that work
- Get connected with other classrooms utilizing lesson plans filled with free Web 2.0 resources
- Pictures of video conferencing programs that work!
- Technical issues explained in simple-to-understand language, guiding you in your purchase of webcams, and your selection of programs