Vocabulary Companion 3.0
Author: Arnie Uretsky
Everything you need to teach vocabulary in minutes. The easy-to-use publishing tool for creating dynamic vocabulary activity sheets, posters, and games in seconds. Vocabulary Companion 3 was designed by a classroom teacher to meet real world classroom needs. It has more than 100 instructional objectives taken from works of children’s literature commonly used in classrooms across the country. It allows you to create customized materials that assist in teaching the vocabulary your students will need to truly understand the books they are reading. Of course, you can add objectives and words from your favorite books as well.
- Definition matching
- Fill-Ins (Cloze)
- Scrambled words
- Scrambled sentences
- Write definitions
- Write sentences
- Study sheets
- Flash cards
- Word search
- Story starters
- Initial teaching activities
- A dictionary of 17,500 words, sentences and definitions
- Over 100 specific K–6 word objectives in phonics, spelling, and word analysis
- Formats that allow you to customize materials almost instantly
- Graphics browsing buttons that access an unlimited number of graphics
- Integrated formats that share information, allowing transfer of information from one format to another
- Option to change any worksheet
- Macintosh: 32 MB RAM (64 MB recommended), System 9.2 or OS X, QuickTime 5.0 or higher.
- Windows: 32 MB (64 MB RAM recommended), Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, XP, QuickTime 5.0 or higher.